One of my favorite ways to spend the morning is making a big cup of coffee and working in my art journal. I broke in a new art journal recently and started it off with a floral April spread. I included all of my favorite things (flowers, blush pink, pretty words) because this is an especially happy month for me as an Aries!
Some tips for art journaling:
1. Choose a theme for each spread, whether it's certain colors, or certain images. This makes it easier when you're creating the layout!
2. Print pictures that make you happy and glue them in, so you are inspired every time you open your journal!
3. Don't be a perfectionist about your spread, just do whatever you feel like doing!
4. You can add a journal entry and talk about your life, or write quotes that inspire you!
5. Don't be afraid to get messy, tear pages, smear paint, or cross out words! This is what makes it one of a kind.
6. Have fun with it!
I had so much fun filming this video that I decided to create a new series on my youtube channel dedicated to my art journal- so be on the lookout for future videos!