Today I will be sharing with you what I consider to be essential craft supplies to have in any crafter's closet. One of my readers suggested I do this post, and I thought it was a great idea!
1. Washi tape. My favorite craft supply would probably have to be washi tape. It's so versatile! I tend to add it to all of my craft projects.
2. Paper. I do lots of paper crafts, so having a big stash of paper comes in handy. You can find pretty papers at craft stores, but my supply is mostly accumulated from saving everything from everywhere. My family teases me about it, but if I see something pretty that I like, I keep it. This could be wrapping paper, receipts, graph paper from math class, pages from magazines, old books, newspapers, pretty paper napkins, junk mail, etc...
3. Embellishments. I have a large collection of beads, sequins, confetti, and lots of other tiny things to glue onto projects. I use them in all kinds of different projects; sewing, paper crafts, scrapbooking, etc... All of these items can be found at your local craft store.
4. Sewing supplies. These supplies aren't just used for sewing fabric (although I do enjoy fabric projects). You can use a needle and thread for embroidery, beading, sewing paper, etc...
5. Fastenings. The basic fastenings that I always have are earring hooks, eye pins, jump rings, pins, blank rings, and hair clips. I use these is jewelry and clay crafts (so if you just scrapbook or crochet, you probably don't need these).
6. Tools. I have many different tools, but I gathered together the ones I use the most often. Scissors are a must have. I have tons of regular scissors, but I have also found that I use these fine tip scissors a lot, especially when cutting small shapes out of paper. The other tools I use often are an exacto knife, hole punch, and paper punches.
These are the supplies that I use the most often and feel like I need to have. But remember, depending on the type of craft you do, you might only need a few items or things completely different then I have listed. I do many different types of crafts, so I find it helpful to have a variety of supplies on hand for whenever I need them.
Happy crafting! ♥